Monday, November 23, 2009

At the lv2core of the Matter

It is always comforting to see the results of effort.

Today I received an email saying the the syncing of lv2core-3.0 was effected closing LP: #479703 (which you may notice was filed by me).

LV2 effectively replaces the LADSPA API for plugin effects and is a big first step for the Ubuntu Studio developers to update to the latest version of LV2 and incorporate numerous additional effects that were not present in Karmic.  But there is still many other steps to take, which are not directly dependent on me.

Interestingly enough, if you look at the Launchpad lv2core source the changelog was, um, changed and includes my name/email for the initial Ubuntu release.  This changelog will stay with lv2core-3.x associating me with the initial release, so I'm relatively immortal and famous now.

I believe now that the current lv2core is in Ubuntu I need to file a Launchpad bug for a sync of Ardour from Debian.

No comments: