I had started using my FOSS Music Project blog to document some of my packaging for Ubuntu Studio. The intention was to document what was required for later backport packaging using a relatively unused blog.
But now that I have started this one, these items should really fall under this domain. But rather than repost everything here I will simply link back to the other one.
prevu (part I) - installing, initializing and using it to package
libffado - building it as a dependency for building JACK
libcelt - building it as a dependency for building JACK
JACK - building JACK 0.116.1
VAMP - building it as a dependency for building Ardour
cdbs - building it as a dependency for building soundtouch as a dependency for building Ardour
libtouch - building it as a dependency for building soundtouch as a dependency for building Ardour
soundtouch - building it as a dependency for building Ardour
prevu (part II) - better understanding of prevu
Ardour - building Ardour 2.7.2
After I built all this for the expressed purpose of backporting Ardour and JACK (with FFADO support) I came to the realization that the .deb files on my computer would not work. Well, they worked but they would not be accepted for backporting purposes. This led me to begin building things in my ppa.
ppa - understanding Ubuntu's Personal Package Archive (ppa)
FFADO-ppa - building libffado on my ppa
I noticed that I stopped posting about my builds. I should probably post some updates soon before I forget some of the things I did. Or have I already?
Upon review, it appears that I followed the exact prevu building experience as far as order goes. I followed the operational procedure per the FFADO-ppa above.
I also remember trying to build some tools to help with a sync request for lvs2core. ubuntu-dev-tools had a sync request script that I wanted to use but it was not included in the version ofubuntu-dev-tools included in Hardy.
I found myself on a sick cycle of having to build more and more applications trying to finally build ubuntu-dev-tools. In the end I imported my gpg key into my Ubuntu Studio 9.10 install from my 8.04 dev partition. The blog post listed below helped with the gpg key import and clarified a few points about my ppa.